Staples High School Head Certified Athletic Trainer, Certified Functional Strength Coach, Training For Warriors Coach, FMS certified, “G” and Nicole DiMeglio, CrossFit Strength Coach, and Kate Pellegrino, a Licensed F and E Soccer Coach, USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Certified Coach will be offering will be offering a complete strength and conditioning program that will take place in the Staples High School weight room and athletic fields. This program will build upon a solid athletic foundation and an introduction to proper weight training and progression, instruction in movement and mobility training, injury reduction and corrective exercises, liner and lateral speed techniques, foot speed and agility, explosive power development, proper functional strength training and energy system conditioning. Athletes will be closely supervised with attention always being paid to proper technique and safety and can be modified on the need of the athlete. Athletes will have access to a private Body Blast Facebook page where the daily workouts will be posted. Body Blast Complete will consist of functionally sound movement and mobility training, strength training and conditioning with a strong focus on basic and proper technique. The workouts become progressively more challenging once basic techniques have been mastered.
* Speed – Acceleration, Deceleration, Linear and Lateral Movement Techniques, Running Mechanics, Footwork
* Explosive Power – Olympic Lifting, Plyometrics, Medicine Ball, Jumping and Landing Techniques
* Strength – Functional Approach, Thorough Instruction, Focus on Upper Body, Lower Body and Core
* Conditioning – Game Ready Preparation for all Athletes
* Flexibility – Myofascial Release (Foam Rolling), Various Forms of Stretching, Muscle Activation
* Injury Reduction – Identify and Correct Muscular Imbalances, Balance and Stabilization
* Nutrition Education – Lessons, Tips and Advice